1. Admission test for Refrigeration and AC mechanic course was conducted on 18th June 2015 and for NCVT Course (Welder Trade) was conducted on 19.06.2015. The results were declared on 10.08.2015.
2. Admission was conducted for RAC and Welder Trade courses from 13th to 15th July 2015.
3.Inauguration for Higher Secondary (Vocational) classes was done by Swami Sarvaganandaji Maharaj, Secretary of the Ashrama on 06.07.2015 in presence of Swami Puratananandaji, Swami Nityeshanandaji, Swami Ganeshatmanandaji and Shri Chandan Chakraborty at the Assembly Hall of the Institute. Secretary Maharaj introduced Swami Ganeshatmananda to the students and teachers and had informed that Swami Nityeshananda has received a new posting from the Head Quarters. Swami Ganeshatmananda will replace Swami Nityeshananda from 20.07.2015. Teachers and Guardians had an interaction session. 35 students from class XI were admitted in the Hostel.In the evening, all the new comers were welcomed and told about the Ashrama and its essence by Swami Puratananandaji at Subodhananda Bhavan Prayer hall.
4. Inauguration for First year Trade courses of Refrigeration & Air-conditioning and Welder was done by Swami Sarvaganandaji Maharaj, on 17.08.2015. 10 students from RAC Trade and 9 students from Welder Trade were admitted in the Hostel.
1. World Youth Skill day was celebrated at our Assembly Hall on 15.07.2015 at 3:30 pm. Best trainees were awarded. National Trade certificates were given to a few pass-out trainees.
2. During the holy visit of Revered Swami Prabhanandaji Maharaj, Vice President, Ramakrishna Math and Mission, Belur Math, seven students of our institute received initiation from Revered Maharaj on 01.07.2015. All our students, staff offered pranams on a regular basis.
3. On 18.07.2015 our students attended the Rathayatra festival organized by the Vidyalaya Junior Section. The Chariot festival went around the Ashrama campus singing devotional songs.
4. On 26.07.2015 Theory examination of VIII + STC course was conducted.
5. On 15th August 2015 the 69th Independence Day was celebrated at our Ashrama premises, Brigadier Tusher Roy, Fort William, Kolkata hoisted the National Flag and witnessed the parade by our different units. Our students also sang a patriotic song in the function at the VC hall after the march past.
6. During the holy visit of Revered Swami Smarananandaji Maharaj, Senior Vice President, Ramakrishna Math and Mission, Belur Math, eight students of our institute received initiation from Revered Maharaj on 16.08.2015. All our students, staff offering pranams on a regular basis.
1. Annual Prize Distribution ceremony was held in the Institute’s Assembly hall on the 20.01.2015. Dr. Kiranmay Das, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Baranagar, Kolkata presided over the meet. Revered Secretary Maharaj delivered the Words of Benediction; Swami Anuraganandaji delivered the Words of Welcome. Swami Puratananandaji announced the names of the Prize Holders, Sriman Sanowar Hossain Kayal, RAC II year student recited the Chicago Welcome Address and Sriman Sourav Adhikary, class XI Vocational student recited the Chicago Valedictory Address. Sriman Arpan Kr. Gayen, RAC II year student delivered a speech “My Institution, my Impression”. Sri Chandan Chakraborty compered the programme and delivered the Vote of Thanks.
2. Recitation competition on Swamiji was held on 19.01.2015 morning. Shri Chandan Mazumdar, Assistant Placement Officer and Shri Anindya Banerjee, Music Instructer of our Blind Boys’ Academy were the judges for the session. Sriman Roneit Mazumdar stood First, Sriman Arpan Kr. Gayen and Akash Nayek stood Joint Second and Sriman Srijib Pati stood Third.
3. Painting competition was held on 19.01.2015 evening. Prof. Partha Pratim Banerjee, Dept. of Economics, Ramakrishna Mission Residential College, was the Judge. Sriman Arpan Kr. Gayen stood First, Sriman Srijib Pati stood Second and Sriman Bharat Shety stood Third.
4. Practical examination of Third semester students was held on 14.02.2015.
5. Practical examination of First semester students was held on 2nd & 3rd of March 2015.
6. Theory examination of First semester was held on 20th & 21st February 2015. Out students appeared at ITI Tollygunj.
7. Theory examination of 3rd semester was conducted on 26th, 27th, and 28th February 2015 at I.T.I. Tollygunj.
8. Practical examination of class XII was conducted on 9th March 2015. Our students of Automobile Trade went to Ghatakpukur High School for the same. Simultaneously our students of Electrical Trade went to Badamtala High School, Budge Budge to appear for Practical examination.
9. Practical examination of class XI (Vocational) was conducted on 10th March 2015 at our Institute.
10. Students of Class XII (Electrical) Julpia High school appeared for the Practical examination in our institute on 04.03.2015. On 11.03.2015 students of Ghatakpukur (Automobile) appeared at our Institute for H.S. (Vocational) practical examination. Our teachers conducted the practical examination.
1. The 153rd Birthday celebration & Tithipuja of Swamiji was observed with solemnity in the Ashrama on the 12.01.2015. Mangalarati was observed at Subodhananda Bhavan Prayer Hall followed by Vedic chanting and bhajans. The shrine and the hostel building were beautifully decorated with flowers. Meeting was held in the Vivekananda Centenary Hall at 8:30am. Our students performed a chorus song. National Youth Day celebration was observed by the neighboring schools at Vivekananda Centenary Hall. Our students attended the meet.
2. On 24th January 2015 Sri Sri Saraswati Puja was observed with solemnity at the Vidyalaya Senior section assembly hall. Our staff and students volunteered in arrangement of puja, vegetable dressing and packet making. All our students offered puspanjali. All took noon prasadam. On the 25th January 2015 after the evening vesper our staff members, students participated in the immersion procession by singing devotional songs.
3. His Holiness Srimat Swami Smarananandaji Maharaj, Vice President, Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math paid his holy visit to our Ashrama from 26th January to 19th February 2015. During his stay our students and staff members offered pranams to Revered Maharaj on a regular basis. Around fifteen students took initiation from Revered Maharaj.
4. Naranarayan Seva was held on the 1st February 2015. Thousands of devotees participated from nearby locality and took prasadam. Our students and teachers were involved in vegetable dressing and distribution of prasadam. Shri Jagat Jyoti Banerjee, staff of our institute read from Holy Bible in the Broad casting programme held from 4:30 am. Swami Shivapradananda Maharaj, Adhyaksha, Ramakrishna Math, Barisha was the Chief Guest in the programme held at the Mango grove infront of the Vidyalaya.
5. Annual Sports meet was held on the 6th & 7th of February 2015. Smt. Soma Biswas, Arjuna Awardee was the Chief Guest. Our students participated in many events and won prizes as follows:
A. Pretest Examination for class XII started on 3rd September and ended on 11th September 2015.
1. Teachers’ Day was observed on the 4th September 2015 at the Assembly Hall of the Institute. Swami Puratananandaji welcomed the gathering and spoke on the life and teachings of Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan. Shri Chandan Chakraborty, Shri Tapan Gayen delivered speeches respectively. Among the students Sriman Arindam Pinik, Sriman Sarnik Ghosh, Sriman Sunanda Natua delivered speeches. All our students and teachers attended the programme.
2. Chicago Day Celebration was observed on 11th September 2015 at the Assembly Hall of the institute. Swami Hamsatmananda Maharaj, Deputy Director, Ramakrishna Mission Lokasiksha Parishad, Narendrapur, delivered a mesmerising lecture on the occasion. Swami Puratananandaji welcomed the audience and introduced the Chief Guest. Shri Chandan Chakraborty delivered Vote of Thanks and anchored the programme. Shri Anup Maity sang the opening and closing song on Swami Vivekananda. The Chicago Welcome address was read out by our students in English and Bengali.
3. Sri Sri Viswakarma Puja of the Ashrama was held on 17th September 2015 with solemnity at our institute premises. Br. Vedatmachaitanya performed the Sorosopochar puja. Swami Deveshwaranandaji was the Tantra Dharak. Students of Blind Boys’ Academy and our institute sang devotional songs throughout the puja. Revered Secretary Maharaj offerred arghya to Lord Viswakarma, Sri Sri Thakur and Sri Sri Maa. All the monks, teachers, staff members of different sections of the Ashrama, ex-instructors were invited. Over 500 devotees including monks, guests and students attended the puja and took prasadam at 12:30pm.
On the 18th September after evening vesper Immersion Ceremony took place at the Ashrama lake. Students, teachers and devotees went in procession for the Immersion singing devotional songs led by Swami Puratananandaji. Sweets were distributed to all who attended after the Santi Bari at the institute.
4. To commemorate the 146th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi a programme was held at the Subodhananda Bhavana at 7:30am Friday, the 2nd October 2015. Dr. Puspita Ranjan Bhattacharya, Principal, Gyan Jyoti College, Siliguri, Dist: Darjeeling spoke on the life and teachings of Gandhiji. Swami Puratananandaji introduced Dr. Bhattacharya to the students. The programme ended with a favourite song of Gandhiji sang by the students in chorus.
1. The institute remained closed from 18th to 28th October on account of Durga Puja. The institute reopened on 29th October.
2. The institute remained closed from 11th to 14th November on account of Kali Puja and Bhatri Dwitiya.
3. Test examinations of Class-XII and Terminal Examination of class-XI commenced on 9th October and will continue till 23rd December 2015.
1. During Durga Puja days 15 students of our hostel were engaged in different voluntary activities in our Sri Ramakreishna Temple on ‘Mahaastami’ day.
2. Sri Sri Kali Puja was observed in the Ashrama with solemnity at the Vidyalaya Senior Section Assembly Hall throughout the night on the 10th November 2015. Our teachers, staff, students served as volunteers throughout the Puja in serving tea and tiffin and in shoe keeping. Prasadam was offerred to huge no. of devotees from locality and outside on the 11th November morning at Vidyalaya Hostels.
3. The 148th Tithi Puja of Swami Subodhanandaji Maharaj was observed by the inmates of the Subodhananda Bhavan on the 23rd November 2015. Mangalarati was conducted by Swami Puratananandaji. Vedic chanting was conducted at 6:00am. by the students of our institute. Special Puja according to Dasopochar along with bhoga and arati was performed by Swami Gambhiratmanandaji. Sri Jishu Debnath and Shri Dilip Bhattacharyya of Blind Boys’ Academy sang devotional songs during the puja. Monks, devotees, teachers, non teaching staff of our institute and guests from other units of our Ashrama took noon prasadam. At evening after Ramnam sankirtana Swami Divyagunananda Maharaj, Controller of Examinations, Ramakrishna Mission Sikshanamandira, Belur Math spoke on the life and teachings of Swami Subodhanandaji Maharaj. Prof. Arup Biswas of our Residential College sang bhajan.
1. Test examination of class XII and terminal examination of class XI started on 09.12.2015 and continued till 23.12.2015
2. The institute remained closed from 25.12.2015 to 3.01.2016 on account of Winter Holidays. The institute reopened on 4.01.2016
3. Theory examination of VIII + STC course was conducted on 19.01.2016 and Practical examination was held on 16.01.2016.
4. Practical examination of class XI was conducted on 01.02.2016 at our institute.
5. Shri Rajkumar Samanta, Ex-student of Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Trade of our institute stood first in All India Apprenticeship Examination. As Sriman Samanta was declared the best apprentice in our country, our Hon’ble Chief Minister, Smt. Mamata Banerjee awarded him for his outstanding performance in All India Apprenticeship examination on 16th Jan. 2016 at Netaji Indoor Stadium in the programme of Utkarsha Bangla.
6. AITT examination started on 21.01.2016 will continue till 18.02.2016.
7. Practical examination of class XII students of Julpia High School and Paltian Khali High School was conducted on 25.01.2016 and 17.01.2016 at our institute. Our students of class XII (Electrical) went to Badamtala High school, Budge Budge and Class XII (Mechanical) boys went to Ghatak Pukur High School for appearing practical examination of class XII on 28.01.2016.
8. In Annual Athletic meet our students participated on 29th and 30th Jan. Sriman Somnath Patra was awarded the best sprinter in our Ashrama.
1. Christmas Eve was observed with solemnity on the 24th December 2015 at 6:30 pm. in Brahmananda Bhavan Common room. Swami Puratananandaji performed the puja and arati to Lord Jesus Christ. Dr. Bikash Sanyal spoke on Christ. Swami Sarvaganandaji presided. Our students attended the programme. Prasad packets were distributed to all devotees and students.
2. Holy Mother’s Birthday Celebration was observed with solemnity on the 1st Jan. 2016. Mangalarati was observed at our hostel shrine at 5:30am with vedic chanting by our students led by Swami Puratananandaji. Our students also sang Bhajan on Holy Mother. A programme in general was conducted at the Sarada Hall, LSP at 8:30am. Secretary Maharaj presided, Swami Puratananandaji read from Holy Mothers Life. Prasad packets were distributed to all who attended the programme.
3. National Youth Day was observed on the 12th January 2016. Our students acted as volunteers. Many schools of the locality were invited. Students spoke, recited and sang songs on Swamiji. Our students sang a song. Dr. Kiranmoy Das, Asst. Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Baranagar, spoke on Swamiji. Secretary Maharaj presided.
4. On 23rd January 2016 Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s 119th Birthday celebration was observed in the Ashrama Vivekananda Centenary Hall. Programme included Flag hoisting, National Anthem, and March-past by Cadets from different units of the Ashrama. Mr. Ajey Mukund Ranade, I.P.S., IG South Bengal the Chief Guest. Secretary Maharaj presided.
5. The Republic Day Celebration was observed on the 26th January 2016. Programme included Flag hoisting, National Anthem, March-past by Cadets from different units of the Ashrama. Our students attended the same.
6. The 154th Janmatithi Celebration of Swamiji was conducted with solemnity in the Ashrama on 31st Jan. 2016. Programme was hosted at the Vivekananda Centenary Hall. Secretary Maharaj presided. Our students sang the closing song. Students were taken to Belur Math, and Ramakrishna Mission Swami Vivekananda’s Ancestral House and Cultural Centre, Kolkata.
7. Naranarayan Seva was held on the 7th February 2016. Thousands of devotees participated from nearby locality and took prasadam. Our students and teachers were involved in vegetable dressing, maintaining discipline and distributing Prasadam. Srimat Swami Divyanandaji Maharaj, Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission Saradapitha, Belur Math & Trustee, Ramakrishna Math and Mission, Belur Math presided over the programme.
8. On 12th February 2016 Sri Sri Saraswati Puja was observed with solemnity at the Vidyalaya Senior section assembly hall. Our students volunteered in vegetable dressing and packet making. All took prasadam.
|S.No.||Trade & Class||No. of Books|
|5||REFRIGERATION & AIRCONDITIONING MECHANIC||10|
|9||CLASS XI & XII ( H.S. VOCATIONAL)||228|
|11||GENERAL BOOKS ( THAKUR, MAA, SWAMI JI STORY BOOKS)||281|
|12||ALL TRADE BOOKS ( WCS/ TECHANICAL BOOKS ,DRAWING )||16|
|13||SPECIMEN COPY RELATE ALL TRADES||12|